17 maj, 2017
Lönneberga der bilinguale Kindergarten in Grinzing sucht eine Kindergartenpädagogin/einen Kindergartenpädagogen!LÄS MER
10 maj, 2017
Anmälningsblanketter till kompletterande svenska finner ni under fliken komp.svensk till höger i menyn.LÄS MER
4 april, 2017
Måndagen den 15 maj resp. tisdagen den 16 maj har vi Öppet Hus på kompletterande svenska kl.16.00-17.20. Välkomna!LÄS MER
The Swedish School in Vienna
The Swedish School in Vienna is a private school funded by the Swedish government and by tuition fees. It complies with the outlines of the Swedish ministry of education and the regulations for the Swedish schools abroad. The school is governed by the Swedish Parent Association whose board members are mostly parents of the pupils in the school. Our school accepts primarily children with Swedish ties, but children from other Scandinavian countries are also welcome.
The school is located in a calm and beautiful area in the outskirts of Vienna. There is a big yard inviting the children to play and have fun during recess. The facilities are bright, nice and functional. The rooms are well equipped with new computers and other technical appliances. There is also a big library filled with books for children and youth.
The educational program of the school consists of:
Preschool for 2-5 year olds, application preschool
Kindergarten for 6 year olds
Elementary school from grade 1 – 6
The goals of our school are:
- to work age integrated and individually, using the Swedish curriculum with input from pupils and parents
- to implement the Swedish pedagogy
- to integrate the Austrian culture and the German language
- to have a close cooperation between preschool, kindergarten and elementary school
- to emphasize language development and language education
Our pedagogical objective is:
- to work age integrated in small groups, which makes it possible for every child to be taught at his or her own level and to give each pupil tasks which suits him or her best
- to get the children involved in planning their own tasks and other tasks concerning the school to make their work in school more meaningful
- to carefully evaluate the planned and achieved work of the pupils, the teachers and the parents
- to help and be responsible by holding class meetings and doing practical chores around the school
- to work by applying an active and exploring teaching style. This trains pupils to search for knowledge not only by using traditional sources, but also by making use of state of the art technologies to obtain information.
- the teaching integrates the environment around us as much as possible and uses different subjects, mixing theoretical work with practical tasks.
- to create a calm and secure learning situation for the pupils and to treat each of them with respect, individually as well as in the group
- to stimulate the interests of the children to gain knowledge and guide them in their development
Please contact principal Susanne Hiort.